As one of the few Florida-based companies having achieved the R2 (Responsible Recycling Practices), ISO 14001 (Environmental Management System), and OHSAS 18001 (Occupational Health and Safety Management System) certifications, A1 Assets Inc. adheres to a rigorous recycling criteria set forth by the R2 operating standard. R2 incorporates environmental and legal compliance, worker health and safety, and security practices. R2 also includes general principles and specific practices for disassembling, transporting, or reclaiming used electronics equipment. R2 is the leading certification for electronic recyclers and is a necessary tool to aid potential clients in identifying responsible recyclers that adhere to the industry’s highest standards of compliance.
Environmental, Health & Safety Policy
A1 Assets, Inc. is committed to following the requirements of the ISO 14001:2004, OHSAS 18001:2007 and R2:2013 standards and to maintain conformance to the requirements of our EH&S management system. We are equally committed to meet or exceed our customer requirements, to continually improve our processes, to prevent pollution and work place injuries, and to maintain compliance with relevant environmental, occupational health and safety, and data security legislation and regulations. The goal of A1 Assets, Inc.’s operation is to have a positive impact on the environment through responsible recycling practices that includes the conservation of metals, plastic and other non-renewable resources. Consistent with these core operations, it is A1 Assets, Inc.’s overall goal to accomplish our business objectives while meeting and exceeding the environmental and health & safety expectations of our management, employees, customers, suppliers and regulators.
We will continually improve our systems while striving to minimize adverse impacts on the environment by managing and tracking through the recycling chain used and end-of-life electronic equipment, components and materials, including focus materials as identified in the R2:2013 Standard – with respect to both on-site activities and the selection of downstream vendors – using a “reuse, recover, dispose” hierarchy of responsible management strategies.
To achieve the above statement of this EH&S and other objectives, A1 Assets, Inc. is committed to:
- Ensuring that these policies are appropriate to our operations and the potential environmental impacts and health and safety risks
- Complying with all relevant EH&S legal requirements, customer and product requirements, industry guidelines and any other EH&S commitments made by A1 Assets, Inc.
- Striving for continual improvement
- Preventing work place injuries and ill health
- Providing the framework for establishing EH&S goals
- Increasing customer satisfaction
- Preventing of pollution
- Ensuring that this system and policies are communicated and understood by all persons working for or on behalf of A1 Assets, Inc.
- Making the EH&S policy available to the public
- Ensuring that this EH&S policy is reviewed and amended, as necessary and appropriate.
We recognize that the responsibility for protection of the environment and worker health & safety are shared, requiring cooperation between employees and top management. A1 Assets, Inc. will continually improve our environmental performance through responsible recycling practices. This will include setting goals, taking into consideration our business, financial, operational and legal requirements as well as the views of interested parties.